Where to find information about us and our productsLower Lodge Candles – Terms and Conditions that apply when you buy products from our website
When you buy products from us as a consumer you are agreeing to these terms and conditions below. We have written this document in plain English, and under section headings, so that you can easily navigate the document and understand the relationship between us.
Please read these terms carefully before placing your order. If you have any questions on these terms, please contact us.
You should also read:
- Our delivery and returns page https://lowerlodgecandles.com/pages/v2-shipping-and-returns, which summarises and gives practical detail on how you can return products to us.
1. Who can buy products from us via this website?
Sales via our website shop are for non-trade and non-retail customers only, and for non-personalised products only. If you are purchasing products as a business (i.e. to re-sell in the course of trade, or for use within a business), or you are looking to purchase personalised products, then you must contact us via the website. Separate terms apply to trade customers and for personalised products.
Products can only be purchased for delivery in the UK, and (subject to a shipping surcharge) the Channel Islands.
Items you purchase via our website are for personal use only, and you may not sell or resell any of the products you purchase or receive from us.
2. Where to find information about us and our products
You can find everything you need to know about us, Lower Lodge Candles, and our products on our website before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing, by email, after you order.
3. We only accept orders when we've checked them
We contact you to confirm we've received your order which constitutes our acceptance of your order. We contact you again once the item has been dispatched.
4. Sometimes we reject orders
Sometimes we reject orders, for example, because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because we can't verify your age (where the product is age-restricted), because you are located outside the UK or other permitted delivery areas, as stated on our website, or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
5. When we charge you and when you pay us
We charge you when you place your order. If for any reason we are then unable to accept your order you will be refunded in full.
You will own your product once we have received payment in full, and the product becomes your responsibility once it has been delivered to you.
We accept online payment in a secure environment by credit and debit card; we currently accept Visa and MasterCard. We also accept payment via PayPal Secure Payments. All transactions are shown in £ sterling. All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in sterling (£) and where appropriate are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate but exclusive of delivery charges.
You may pay using any of the above methods. You confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to violation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer for any reason refuses to authorise payment to us, pre or post payment, we will not be liable for a delay or cancellation of your order.
6. We're not responsible for delays outside our control
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won't compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred. To do this you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Lower Lodge Candles Ltd, Vann Road, Fernhurst, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 3NH or by phone to our general enquiries line on 01428 778 174.
7. Products can vary slightly from their pictures
A product's true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device, on our website, or in our marketing or its packaging may be slightly different.
Because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website can be subject to minor tolerances.
Each person's experience of a fragrance is subjective, and (unless you are in time to exercise your right to change your mind), we cannot accept any returns on the basis that you are not happy with the fragrance of our products.
8. Your legal right to change your mind.
For most of our products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
When you can't change your mind. You can't change your mind about an order for:
· products which are not returned in accordance with our returns policy, being in perfect, unused condition and within all original packaging (in particular, if the "stopper" has been removed from a diffuser and/or the diffuser or candle has been used, then we are unable to offer a refund); and
· for any goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised.
The deadline for changing your mind. If you change your mind about a product you must let us know no later than 28 days after the day we deliver it. This 28 day period gives you longer than your statutory rights of return which would be 14 days.
How to let us know. To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: at email@example.com, by post to Lower Lodge Candles Ltd, Vann Road, Fernhurst, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 3NH or by phone to our general enquiries line on 01428 778 174.
You have to return the product at your own cost. You have to return your product to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost, unless we offered free returns when you bought the product. You can:
· bring the product to one of our stores (find the one nearest to you at https://lowerlodgecandles.com/pages/our-store-locations, or by contacting our Customer Service Team: at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to Lower Lodge Candles Ltd, Vann Road, Fernhurst, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 3NH or by phone to our general enquiries line on 01428 778 174. You will need your email receipt and the card you paid with.
· send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the goods at all or within a reasonable time we won't refund you the price. For help with returns, see our Returns Process: https://lowerlodgecandles.com/pages/v2-shipping-and-returns.
We only refund standard delivery costs. We don't refund any extra you have chosen to pay for express delivery or delivery at a particular time, where you have requested that over and above our standard option. We do refund express delivery costs where we only offered express delivery for your order. This is because you did not choose to upgrade delivery in these circumstances.
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product. As mentioned above, we do not accept returns if the goods are not returned in perfect, unused condition and within all original packaging. If you handle the product in a way which would not be acceptable in-store, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value.
When and how we refund you. If you tell us you've changed your mind about a product that hasn't been delivered, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days. If you're sending your product back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving it (or receiving evidence you've sent it to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don't charge a fee for the refund.
9. You have rights if there is something wrong with your product
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must either bring it into one of our stores or contact our Customer Service Team: at email@example.com, by post to Lower Lodge Candles Ltd, Vann Road, Fernhurst, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 3NH or by phone to our general enquiries line on 01428 778 174. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law.
We offer two delivery options for products purchased via our website. These are:-
- Standard delivery (on average please allow 3-5 working days) – This is charged at £3.99. This is available for product orders where the combined weight of products is under 2 kilograms (kg).
- 24 hour tracked delivery – This is charged at £6.95. This is required for all product orders where the combined weight is 2 kilograms (kg) or over. 24 hour tracked delivery is also available on all orders, should you select this option and pay the £6.95 fee. For orders over £40 these are eligible for free 24 hour tracked delivery.
Stock permitting, we aim to dispatch orders within 48 hours of us receiving your order. In the event that an item is unavailable, or subject to later dispatch, we will notify you by email.
11. We can change products and these terms
Changes we can always make. We can always change a product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to make minor technical adjustments and improvements. These are changes that don't affect your use of the product.
We can end our contract with you. We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
· you don't make any payment to us when it's due and you still don't make payment within 10 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
· you don't, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information or cooperation that we need to provide the product, where we are producing bespoke products for you. For example, if you do not approve samples, artwork or other details that we ask you to approve to allow us to produce your items to our required timescales.
12. We don't compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products
We're responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
· Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
· Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in section 5 above.
· Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action, including following our reasonable instructions for use. This includes you following our Candle Care Guide and Diffuser Care Guide.
· A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
13. You have several options for resolving disputes with us
Our complaints policy. Should you wish to make a complaint, please put it in writing and post or email it to the following details: By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference COMPLAINT in the subject line.
You can also contact us by post to: Lower Lodge Candles Ltd, Vann Road, Fernhurst, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 3NH.
Any complaint made should include:
· Contact details of the Complainant (including postal and e-mail address).
· The subject of the complaint.
· Date of purchase and details of product purchased.
Complaints should be made immediately of the Complainant becoming aware of the grounds for a complaint.
How We Will Handle Complaints. As soon as a formal complaint has been received, we will aim to acknowledge receipt within 3 working days. We will look to respond within 7 days from receipt of complaint following our investigation.
Please note that if the details of the complaint are not clear and concise and there is ambiguity about what the subject matter is, the Complainant will be asked to clarify certain points.
Resolving disputes without going to court. Alternative dispute resolution is an optional process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. You can submit a complaint to Retail ADR through their website at https://www.retailadr.org.uk/ and if you're not satisfied with the outcome you can still go to court.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
14. Other important terms apply to our contract
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later.
If you create an online account on our website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for taking all reasonable measures to protect and prevent access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your name and password. If you believe your account is being hacked please contact us immediately. If you forget your password we will reset it upon request and send it to the email address you supplied to us upon registration. Your account can be cancelled by contacting us at 01428 778174.